Why Bail May Be Denied
It is important to know the reasons why an individual may be denied bail. Those reasons are listed below.
A person may be denied bail if:
- The individual committed a violent crime with a maximum penalty of 10+ years of imprisonment.
- The individual committed a crime that is punishable by either a life sentence or the death penalty.
- The individual committed a drug offense with a sentence of 10+ years imprisonment.
- The individual has been convicted of two felony offenses.
- The individual is considered a flight risk.
- The individual poses a threat to witnesses or jury members.
- The individual tries to obstruct justice in any way, shape or form.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility for bond, please give us a call at (913) 233-2233